Ministry Preparation: Florida District Nazarene Bible Institute
This is the mandatory orientation class for the ministry and ordination preparation process for Florida District Church of the Nazarene. All new students should take this class first, before they take any other classes.
Date & Time: See below for dates of the various areas (class date, location, and time may vary)
Main Contact Information: Contact instructor listed for your location (see below)
Class Fee: inquire of the area instructor
Location & Class Information: (contact the instructor to register for the class)
- St. Petersburg/ Tampa Area: See information for Lakeland Area
- Lakeland Area: Saturday, January 27, 2018, 9:00 am to 1:00 pm, District Resource Center, Lakeland, FL
- Location: 4720 Cleveland Heights Blvd., Ste 303, Lakeland, FL 33813
- Instructor: Rev. Steve Egidio, 863-409-3718, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fee: None
- Orlando Area: Saturday, January 20, 2018, 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Location: United Church of the Nazarene, 1320 South Chickasaw Trail, Orlando, FL 32825
- Instructor: Rev. Robert Yates, 407-538-3155, email@example.com
- Fee: None
- East Coast/ Space Coast Area: Scheduled as needed (contact the instructor)
- Instructor: Rev. Brad Fink, 321-536-3548, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fee: TBA
- Tallahassee Area: Saturday, January 20, 2018, 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Location: First Church of the Nazarene, 1983 Mahan Dr. Tallahassee, FL 32308
- Instructor: Rev. Dave Pullen, 850-345-7770, email@example.com
- Fee: None
- Panhandle Area: Scheduled as needed (contact the instructor)
- Location: First Church of the Nazarene, Pensacola, FL
- Instructor: Rev. Jon Carnes, 501-837-4875, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fee: TBA
Hispanic Students: Contact Dr. Edgar Diaz, email@example.com, 813-752-1949
- Central District Areas - TBD
- Northern District Areas - TBD
- Review "Plan of Examination" Florida District: click here to download
- Review “Responding to God’s Call”: click here to read it
- Review the 2017-2021 Nazarene Manual paragraphs: “Ministry and Christian Service” (paragraphs 500-539):
- click here to get a copy of the Manual in English
- click here to get a copy of the Manual in Spanish
- Read the “Guide to Ministerial Preparation and Ordination”: click here to download a copy
- The Pre-Class Assignments (read the following sections from "The Guide to Ministerial Preparation and Ordination"):
- Welcome to the Journey: Partners on the Journey pp 5
- The Call pp 7 - 8
- Writing: briefly describe the experience of your call to ministry; the where? the what? the how? the when? what area of ministry do you believe God is calling you to pursue?
- Educational Preparation pp 10 - 12
- Licensing & Ministry Experience pp 14 - 20
- Writing: briefly describe your past and current experience in ministry practice; what do you do? How do you prepare? What growth in yourself have you experienced?
- Ordination pp 21 - 23
- from the reading, what did you learn about ordination? Does this new knowledge change your intention?
- Lifelong Learning and Effective Ministry for a Lifetime pp 25 - 26
- from the reading, list the reasons given for developing lifelong learning for ministry? (also add in some of your own thoughts/ reasons).
- Appendix A: Read through "Ability Statements" pp 27 - 30
- Which of the "Ability Statements" do you identify in yourself the most? The least?
- Complete and submit the form: "Registration of Call to Ministry"
- click here to get a copy of the form
- turn in completed form in class or mail to District Secretary (see address below)
Recommended Additional Reading....
- Review “Nazarene Essentials”: click here to download a copy
- Review “One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism”: click here to download a copy
General Contact Information: Rev Robert Yates, Director, FDNBI, firstname.lastname@example.org, 407-538-3155
District Secretary's Address: Rev. Steve Egidio, 4720 Cleveland Hgts. Blvd., Ste 303, Lakeland, FL 33813