Florida Churches of the Nazarene existed as one district from 1915 until 1973, when the state was divided into three separate districts. The original Florida district represented four churches and less than 113 members.
Almost 30 years later, in May 2013, the North and Central Florida Districts voted by overwhelming majorities to reunite their two districts. A year of research, strategizing, and prayer preceded their merger in the spring of 2014.
The Florida District is now comprised of nearly 140 churches and missions, reaching our multi-ethnic communities with the Good News of Jesus Christ.